f
s

Income nerf?

• Income nerf?

Idk it might be me getting suddenly worse (which I doubt, to be politely honest), but after the last patch I started to consistently LOSE credits by playing tier 4, whereas it was not happening pre-patch. Since I was not too sure I have been playing Luminary for a while to grind it, and the results of my gold are as follows:

w=won
      l=lost
      (number) bonus from group or malus from weapon/module

1180049 l
      1177576 l
      1178893 (500) w
      1191978 (20500) l
      1195319 (500) w
      1195718 (500) w
      1197057 w
      1190021 l
      1193957 w
      1191484 w
      1191964 w
      1115264 (-76700 module)
      1115772 w
      1112505 l
      1103052 l
      1094841 l
      (map)
      1113963 (1000)
      1104844 l
      1096695 (1000) l
      1101378 (1000) w
      1102167 (1000) w
      (-51000 module)
      1051539 (1000) w
      1051378 (500) w
      1051742 (500) w
      1051790 (500) w
      forgot (500) w
      1059407 (1000) w
      1060407 (1000) w
      1061574 (1000) w
      1062027 (1000) w
      1054891 (500) l
      1047431 (500) l
      995231 (-52200 weapon)
      998442 (500) w
      1001789 (500) w

As you can clearly see my gold is actually going DOWN, which is plain bs, allow me to say that - I'll show you why in the attachments, for the defeats. Thing is I barely made anything at all by consistently winning with the Luminary in a group and I lost LOADS of credits for each loss, all the attachments will be bad credits losses that I strongly think I did NOT deserve.
      I should also post about that 6vs2 bs round we got, ty matchmaker, love screw you too.

On a sidenote, kills are overrated rewards-wise, because with non-healers I lose nowhere near as much. (This promotes selfishness and kill-stealing, rather than teamplay)
      Files
      Before the ratings got destroyed, this was a nice meme

Proud baron of "Fierce And Merciless Exterminators" Brotherhood.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ninja ().

• T4 was meant to bleed you gold from the start, it's no surprise. You kind of stay even with premium (this including gold modules), and your real income is solely from the maps. Yes, in good wins you can get even 10K income, but not so often now, as the T4 arena has become a harsher environment.
      Still, it's possible that income was nerfed a bit with the merger. Imagine, that it was noticeably lower on Ru server, and it was nasty.
    • I agree... I have seen a dramatic reduction in income since the merge... If I play T4, I'm lucky to break even and at t3, I'm making pennies on a good game... I have premium acct and it's still poor, I feel for those players playing without premium.

This is resulting in me playing a few games, getting frustrated at making NOTHING in gold (I have another 9 t4's unlocked and need to grind gold), so logging off... This will kill this game if it continues. It needs to be sorted and sorted now.
      Avast Behind
    • SiboSnakeEyes wrote:

I agree... I have seen a dramatic reduction in income since the merge... If I play T4, I'm lucky to break even and at t3, I'm making pennies on a good game... I have premium acct and it's still poor, I feel for those players playing without premium.

This is resulting in me playing a few games, getting frustrated at making NOTHING in gold (I have another 9 t4's unlocked and need to grind gold), so logging off... This will kill this game if it continues. It needs to be sorted and sorted now.
      What you said, is exactly the reason why I posted. If they don't fix it people will get frustrated/annoyed and leave.

• Ninja wrote:

SiboSnakeEyes wrote:

I agree... I have seen a dramatic reduction in income since the merge... If I play T4, I'm lucky to break even and at t3, I'm making pennies on a good game... I have premium acct and it's still poor, I feel for those players playing without premium.

What you said, is exactly the reason why I posted. If they don't fix it people will get frustrated/annoyed and leave.
      Like they aren't leaving right now, new players after seeing price and income will leave, old ones after playing vs the same guys over and over will have enough. It's game under my.com so they have to live up to their reputation to fck things up, look at SkyForge or Armored Warfare situation, SkyForge became casual garbage, Armored Warfare is in agonial state.

あなたはあえて神に反対しますか。
    • @Omega any input please? People getting to t4 without premium are just strongly discouraged to play by the system itself, if you don't address it as soon as possible you will keep on bleeding players when they get to high tiers. I got many friends myself that once they were around t4 they couldn't be bothered to grind due to the economy system.
      Copying World of Tanks won't bring you any good, you don't have the population to be able to afford such a system.

P.S.: Don't throw the "you don't have to play with consumables" bs at me, please, because you know as well as I know that if you don't run them you get sh!t on all day long due to the crazy difference they make, especially at t4, so it's a moot point.

• I'm working on economic system ATM. I'll try to do it in time for 1.5 update.
      General directions:
      - lower t4 price (around 1 - 1,5 kk)
      - lower repair costs for t4
      - playing OK and losing game on t4 ship with premium will give you some gold (instead of losing tons of gold). Wining a game on t4 with premium and average team contribution will give you 10-15k gold.
      Cloud Pirates dev' Lead.
      Remember, my Engrish isn't perfect
      You can always PM me about bugs/problems, but be ready to wait for reply for a few days.
      If you are missing some rewards (founders packs, event rewards, etc), please PM me your ingame name, link to event or description and some proofs if possible.
    • That actually sounds great.

What you're telling me is that I should hold off my 2 mil atm to wait for the price drop? Sounds fine.

But the repair costs for T4 is actually great, I don't ever use modules in T4 unless i'm playing in BH Batttles because of the gold deficit not being worth it. Having more players in T4 and reducing the upkeep cost should fluctuate more players towards that tier. Honestly, most players I see are in T3 because whether you lose or win you can still earn gold in T3, if you want more players in T4 you may want to consider having T4 be a good income option.
    • Valinor wrote:

That actually sounds great.

What you're telling me is that I should hold off my 2 mil atm to wait for the price drop? Sounds fine.

But the repair costs for T4 is actually great, I don't ever use modules in T4 unless i'm playing in BH Batttles because of the gold deficit not being worth it. Having more players in T4 and reducing the upkeep cost should fluctuate more players towards that tier. Honestly, most players I see are in T3 because whether you lose or win you can still earn gold in T3, if you want more players in T4 you may want to consider having T4 be a good income option.
      Not too much, otherwise everyone would exclusively play T4 as soon as they get there.

• At the moment the game is just dead (Cloud Pirates - Steam Charts), nobody is playing NA brotherhood shift at all anymore, even us got so burnt out that people won't even play... No updates, lots of silence, no rewards for anything, broken economy, no advertising... I guess my.com loves throwing money at games because even I, mr. Nobody, can see how flawed this marketing strategy is.

I'd balance it out by hard-capping the amount of gold you can earn with premium (otherwise it seriously gets p2unlockeverything) and increasing what Omega said slightly.

• So many of us love this game and are sooooo frustrated by the hemorrhaging of the player base. No one from my.com comments on it, discusses the situation, or tells us what they are doing to combat the loss of players. Making it harder for players to progress in the game is not helping.

After the Armored Warfare debacle, when they cut Oblivion loose, we know my.com certainly had to take some of the guys working on Cloud Pirates to now go and work on Armored Warfare. So I am assuming the Cloud Pirates development slowed, due to a reduction of actual people working on it.

We still have no idea what is to come in the future. Are they expanding the ship lines, new lines, different types of ships? Are they developing new game modes? What are they adding to the game? Will we be getting more maps or bigger maps? The deafening silence is also what is killing many people's enthusiasm for the game.

Not seeing any advertisements for this game, is where I go what the *uck?? What business model, lets you spend so much money to develop a game, and then not plan for marketing/advertising? What sort of cost benefit analysis, could even support that strategy? Are they only advertising in Russia, and we just don't see it in Europe or North America?
    • It's frustrating... The game basically is great... It has lots going for it (No need to list them here as you are all players, so get it) BUT.... We need new blood... We need to grow the player base. What are the barriers to this?

1. Income levels... As soon as you hit T4 its a real GRIND and you can find yourself going backwards, or with Premium acct... standing still. I understand that they have made improvements here, but a little more of a tweak and we are good.

2. FARMING: Probably a much bigger issue given the smaller player base... Long time experienced players dropping to T2 ships to Farm the newer players... Just look at the Ranking levels and you can see this. How can you expect new players to stick around if they go into battles Vs Level 40+ Captains with A) Much better ships than them (Not just the build, but the Captain/Crew/Gold cannon improvements) in ADDITION to a far better knowledge of the game and the way to play various ship/classes/battle types. Solution to this one? Difficult.... possible solutions... below are some ideas
      A) Do not allow high level captains in T1/T2 battles with lower level captains... Let the newer players get used to the game before subjecting them to a RAID of 3 level 40+ captains in the perfect trio of ships to enhance/support each other.
      B) Disable all Captain/Crew/Gold cannon skills on T1/T2 ships (Would still have to fight far more experienced captains... but it would be a start)

Maybe others could come up with potential solutions... I just know that if I was starting afresh now... with all rankings reset on experienced Captains and them all piling into T2 games to get ratings.... Not sure I'd stick around too long
      Avast Behind
    • The only time Gold cannons should be allowed is during brotherhood vs brotherhood battles. For the regular battles Gold cannons should be unavailable for use. That way those who are not members of brotherhoods do not end up in a constant one group win every time situation. Upon which will lead to an unbalanced game play and discourages the players from coming back.
    • First of all golden cannons are COMPLETELY off-topic.
      Secondly, golden cannons won't make you win or lose a public match.
      "Unbalanced game"... If you call golden cannons unbalanced I can only assume you are some fresh tier 3 newbie that thinks he already understood the game.

Back on topic, after last patch the economy seems to be working MUCH better, I'm sort of happy with the current implementation, although having 20 millions and all ships I don't really need extra money, but I see it's rising, so it should be working.