f
s

So after all the promises from CBT this game got messed up

• So after all the promises from CBT this game got messed up

Hello,

Most of old guys know me I used to be very active in forums and in game during the CBT but after the OB phase game seems to be going south in CBT this game had good things going for it but what the hell happened.

I just checked the forum to see if the game had made any progress to be better but it seems it has slipped down more something wrong is it the devs or is it the publishers ?

Even in AW same thing NA server for PvP is dead but that game is mostly a PvE game best PvE in the gener (I think).

Any way was thinking of downloading the game again but it seems it's going to be a waste of my data. Really what happen dev's what the hell did you do with this game?

My Rig
      Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz | GIGABYTE AMD Radeon R9 270X | Kingston HyperX 8 GB | Samsung 1 TB | ASUS Z170M Plus (Motherboard) | Windows 10 64bit
    • Yeah CBT was fun, I've been here since CBT2 and back then the game was actually enjoyable to play.

Every day I just wanted more and more of it.... And then EA happened and from there on the game just isn't fun to play anymore.

I've even uninstalled it (which I didn't think I'd ever do while playing CBT) because it just boring.

There's another issue though too, which is the Dabloons (or whatever they're called). It was just stupid to add another currency just to unlock customisations, they should have been unlockable for gold and rubies.
      It just goes to show that they're more interested in the players money than the players themselves.
    • well as a late cbt joiner (april) i have no idea how you guys had it in the winter, but from my point it seems that what kills the game is 3 things: T4, too mutch moneygrabs and complete lack of advertisment.

dosent help mutch that the dev vanished from this forum when the game went live.
      a frozen norwegian whit KB dysleksia
    • Can't see a single moneygrab, personally. Premium is the only thing that is really worth buying, but you can play without it, if you play tiers 1-3.
      T4 itself is not an issue at all, on the contrary, it's the pinnacle of competitive teamplay.

Lack of advertisement, announcements and dev communication - yes, that's an issue alright.
    • Well most guys saying it's ok should have been in the CBT we saw what happened me and @RIC0H was at the thick of it if you guys go way back in the forum you will see we have posted solutions over and over.

I posted this targeting old boys not most recent players we know some stuff that you don't know.

Game fell hard very hard when the screwed up the EA and yes they went toward P2W way when we screamed not to so hope things turn around.

Trust me the game was awesome when it was in CBT that game and this is two different games.

My Rig
      Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz | GIGABYTE AMD Radeon R9 270X | Kingston HyperX 8 GB | Samsung 1 TB | ASUS Z170M Plus (Motherboard) | Windows 10 64bit
    • RIC0H wrote:

So'Kiel wrote:

Can't see a single moneygrab
      Go buy all the skins for the ships you own using daubloons, once you're done come back here and tell us how much money you spent.
      Heck, even unlock one portrait using daubloons and tell us how much money that cost you. Can't see a single moneygrab
      Seriously, does ANYONE force you to buy COSMETICS that don't add anything other than looks? Sure, they are overpriced, but it's just bad marketing strategy (a much lower price would earn them way more), not a cash grab.

• The cosmetic system NEEDS to be redone. That same problem KILLED the game known as For Honor, perhaps some of you guys have played it? Or even heard about the huge debacle that happened about it? It's obviously a problem the game has, perhaps not the one we are focusing on, but it also affects the game.
    • Ninja wrote:

Seriously, does ANYONE force you to buy COSMETICS that don't add anything other than looks? Sure, they are overpriced

There's no real value to the skins other than to make the ship look better.

1 skin = 600-800 Doubloons
      1 chest gives 30-100 Doubloons (but 30 Doubloons are the most common)

Chests:
      x1 - 300 Rubies
      x3 - 675Rubies
      x7 - 1,225 Rubies

To get ONE 600 Doubloon skin you need:
      x7 - 2
      x3 - 2
      Which will costs: 3,800 Rubies

So you'd have to buy the following:
      34,000 Rubies - $19.99
      750 Rubies - $4.99

So the total price for ONE skin is: $24.98

===

If you want to buy ONE 800 Doubloon skin you need:
      x7 - 4
      x1 - 2
      Which will costs: 5,500 Rubies

So you'd have to buy the following:
      34,000 Rubies - $19.99
      1,600 Rubies - $9.99
      750 Rubies - $4.99

So the total price for ONE skin is: $34.97

===

Now lets say I wanted to buy the same skin for all class ships (I like the red/black skin - Vermilion)

To get that ONE skin on all of the ships I'd have to buy it over 10 times (I think)

So it would be 600 x 10 = 6,000 Doubloons
      That's like $249 just to have all my ships look the same. Note that this does NOT include sails, sail stickers or flags.

The most expensive Doubloons costs for sails, sail stickers or flags
      sails - 800 Doubloons
      sail stickers - 150 Doubloons
      flags - 200 Doubloons

So say you wanted a skin, sail, sail sticker and a flag for a ship it would total to 1,750 Doubloons.
      Which would cost around $60+
      Now lets say you want to do that for all your ships to make them all look the same, that'll be around $600 - $700

===

Oh wait, what's that? You want to buy a frame and a portrait too?
      Frame: 600 Doubloons
      Portrait: 1,000 Doubloons
      ~1,600 Doubloons = $69.94

===

It doesn't matter that you're not being forced to buy it, it's still a moneygrab at the end of the day.

The post was edited 3 times, last by RIC0H ().

• Ninja wrote:

RIC0H wrote:

So'Kiel wrote:

Can't see a single moneygrab
      Go buy all the skins for the ships you own using daubloons, once you're done come back here and tell us how much money you spent.Heck, even unlock one portrait using daubloons and tell us how much money that cost you. Can't see a single moneygrab
      Seriously, does ANYONE force you to buy COSMETICS that don't add anything other than looks? Sure, they are overpriced, but it's just bad marketing strategy (a much lower price would earn them way more), not a cash grab.
      Then how, my sweet, sweet summer child, do you explain the whole Founder pack garbage?

If that isn't a A+ example of 'cash grabbing', I don't know what is.
    • I am yet to get bored with the game, and now the servers have joined I find myself getting into some relay good battles.

The game needs more publicising but from what i have read its my.ru's policy not to advertise out side of Russia.

Honestly Buckey the only way to see if you like it again is to give it a go.

The biggest gripe is money grabbing (or not) but is it the be all and end all if your ship does not look pretty?

In-game name = Spitfire
    • Cash grab is when you are forced to buy something in order to be on the level with other players or better than them. It's called P2W, actually, but all P2W are cash grabs.

And Cosmetics is the best way to monetize the game, it does not influence the gameplay at all! It may cost A LOT, but who cares? You don't have to buy it to be noticeable, or for anything.
      Can the cosmetics in this game be implemented better? Sure. We certainly need more free cosmetics, simple stuff that is easily obtainable through game, but helps you express yourself in the minimal way in the world of Cloud Pirates, stemming from the world of Allods. And as Ninja said, cheaper stuff would bring the devs more profit.

Founder packs were a kind of a cash grab in terms that they cost much more than they give you, still, they were giving the access to closed beta, which is a thing of value, at least to me. The most devastating thing about them was the promise that the ships will be unique, and in less than a week they became available in-game. The ships themselves are not stronger or better than other ships, they require skill, and their bonuses does not make that much of a difference.
      The latest Packs in comparison to the old ones are kind of meaningless and horrendously overpriced - the ships are not unique, no beta access (sure), map storage makes little sense, as you still have the same 4 slot queue.. All this adds up to the fact that YOU DON'T NEED them to be good in this game. It's just a way to support the devs and get yourself a couple of bells and whistles for that.

The only money deal in this game that really has some influence - is Premium. It influences your progress, and it's really noticeable. Other than that you don't have to pay. And even Premium you can quit once you get all the ships you need.
    • New

About doubloons:

1. "Getting skins for all your ships" isn't a simple and casual thing. Do you have all best skins for all heroes in dota or lol or overwatch? No. And nobody thinks its something that should be achieved easily, why should it be easy to do in CP?

2. If you play more then 2-3 ships, then by opening treasure maps you'll most likely get nice skins for your ships, directly from map for 300 rubies, there wont be any need to grind doubloons to buy skins directly.

3. We might adjust doubloon drop rates in 1.5 update
      Cloud Pirates dev' Lead.
      Remember, my Engrish isn't perfect
      You can always PM me about bugs/problems, but be ready to wait for reply for a few days.
    • New

Omega wrote:

About doubloons:

1. "Getting skins for all your ships" isn't a simple and casual thing. Do you have all best skins for all heroes in dota or lol or overwatch? No. And nobody thinks its something that should be achieved easily, why should it be easy to do in CP?

2. If you play more then 2-3 ships, then by opening treasure maps you'll most likely get nice skins for your ships, directly from map for 300 rubies, there wont be any need to grind doubloons to buy skins directly.

3. We might adjust doubloon drop rates in 1.5 update
      1. Because it would earn you a sh!t ton of cash more than it does now. Nobody wants to buy random freaking crates, we want to buy the actual decoration!
      2. Or you can get absolutely horrid ones and waste 100 fragments for that.
      3. As in more than 30 that are basically useless? Would be nice :)

• New

RIC0H wrote:

Go buy all the skins for the ships you own using daubloons, once you're done come back here and tell us how much money you spent.
      Dude, this is wrong, nobody forces you to buy cosmetics. Cosmetics are simply vanity.
      And yeah, I spent shitloads for the fun and I wont regret it if game closes tomorrow cause it was fun in the way.
      Whoever I am lying, if game closes tomorrow at midnight and I can spend 50Euro on some 3% extra damage, I am gonna do it just for the troll value. It's not first game I am doing so.