f
s

Third module on T1?!?!

• New

Yeah, T1 got changed for no reason apparently... no third module and many vital modules got removed totally. No one explains why that happened. Just have to accept it - or stop playing like many people I know did...
      Devs saying things like "later in T3 and T4 this and this ship type will make fun" shows where the focus is. No one cares about T1 :(
      Mein Youtube Kanal: SchattenspielTV
      Let's Play zu Cloud Pirates: Playlist

For the RUM!
    • New

T1-T2 are for you to learn the game.
      In, say, Diablo 3 you have only 1 spell at level 1. What's wrong with having some stuff waiting for you further in the game?
      Cloud Pirates dev' Lead.
      Remember, my Engrish isn't perfect
      You can always PM me about bugs/problems, but be ready to wait for reply for a few days.
    • New

Omega wrote:

T1-T2 are for you to learn the game.
      In, say, Diablo 3 you have only 1 spell at level 1. What's wrong with having some stuff waiting for you further in the game?
      There are many things waiting for players further in game, e.g.: various ship types (with new cannons, different modules, etc., simply: with new skills), consumables (1, 2, later 3), ship rating, Judgement Day modules...And other features like captain talents, crews and treasure maps will also only unlock after some playing.
      Plus you start with 1 single module in T1 - in order to learn the game (just like Diablo). You cannot get the other modules right away, you have to play and earn ship XP, meaning: you have to learn how to use the ship and how everything works (and to make that even easier, you also keep getting pop-up information on almost everything during battle) Then you can buy your second module, later (as it used to be) your third. Being able to get a third module is really not ruining the fun of "waiting to get to higher tiers".
      Well, I get it, apparently no one is supposed to stay in T1 longer than necessary :( (Unlike Diablo where no one wants to stay at level 1, Tier 1 used to be something some players really liked - not because of MM and "easier" enemies or whatever, but simply because of the ships).

For the RUM!
    • New

I like that change.
      I'm always a fan of progress when playing a game.
      There has to be some meaningfull progress playing from T1 to T4. It has to be a greater difference between T1 and T2, T2 and T3 and so, not just one more weapon to chose from and 10% more life 10% more damage on your old weapons.

Unlocking further module and consumable slots when climbing the research tree of a ship line from T1 to T4 is a easy way to get that meaningful progress.

But I have to mention that I'm not interested in playing T1 anyway. Making the focus on "end content" (T3, T4, ...) is totally fine, imho.
    • New

Learning curve and at least feel of progression. possibly balance for players who have been in game a while if they go back to t-1..won't just step in and step on. I've been grouping with new BH members :D changes there feel simpler and not overwhelming, it becomes about running objectives and playing with what you got. Love the pop up tips...hate the blank gear set swap thing that blocks my view of everything that I can't get rid of....no mouse pointer to click out of it.
      Images
      • CloudPirates_170420_1928.jpg

150.81 kB, 1,600×900, viewed 6 times
      It's the players that are "unbalanced"!!!!! :P
    • New

Besides getting the third module back, what about those modules removed entirely? Today I even heard from completely new players that they wished the Vigilant would be able to jump, in order to reposition if it gets attacked. I didn't give them a hint that the ships used to be different or that the Vigilant once was able to jump. After playing the game for 2 days it was something they simply considered as missing.

For the RUM!
    • New

The time spent in t1 is so small that I can appreciate that tier being hit with "progression" . However, T1 matches are almost painfully slow, and by limiting the dynamic of a t1 ship, you are also hurting the impression the game makes on a new player. At least from my perspective, revisiting T1 has never been so painful and boring. I hope it doesn't make the matches so slow people fall asleep.