f
s

3 Player Groups [Feedback]

• 3 Player Groups [Feedback]

I was really looking forward to the bigger groups. It's something I loved - and dearly missed after it was changed.

Now it's back! Which is great. At first. Maybe. For me not at all.

You get more XP and gold if you play in a group (the more the merrier). But dont you dare prefering the same ships.
      Before it wasn't possible to choose more than one support ship in a group - understandable and reasonable. Now, e.g. you cannot even pick 2 Thunders or 1 Thunder and 1 Glint (no matter if you play with 1 or 2 friends). It is not allowed to pick the same ship type at all.

You force people to play ships they don't like just to be able to play the game with friends. I guess that's what the rewards are for, a small compensation for ruining it.

Well, better go and make new friends with different ship preferences...
      Mein Youtube Kanal: SchattenspielTV
      Let's Play zu Cloud Pirates: Playlist

Du willst RUM beitreten?
      >>For the RUM!<<
    • This limitation was added to block some abuses. Like, 3 QS/Flows jumping on the same target and inst-killing it.
      Or 3 widows. Or 3 meteors. Or any 3 ships that pairs well. Being able to sync via voice-chat with you mates multiplies the problem.
      I know it feels nice to rekt people. But for them- its not.
      Right now that's how we see it.
      Cloud Pirates dev' Lead.
      Remember, my Engrish isn't perfect
      You can always PM me about bugs/problems, but be ready to wait for reply for a few days.
    • Omega wrote:

This limitation was added to block some abuses. Like, 3 QS/Flows jumping on the same target and inst-killing it.
      Or 3 widows. Or 3 meteors. Or any 3 ships that pairs well. Being able to sync via voice-chat with you mates multiplies the problem.
      Would "Synchronized" queuing while not grouping still have a decent chance to produce the same results? chance of this still working probably decreases with higher population in game...but larger BH have more people to throw at the queue.
      It's the players that are "unbalanced"!!!!! :P
    • I can understand that there are combinations which might lead to abuses. And there are probably bugged builds on some ships which would make every player in one group pick the same ship, because it gets op.

But all those examples you gave me are concerning T3 and higher. So maybe just block same ships in groups for T3 and T4?
      And maybe don't make it possible for Flow or Quicksilver to target the same ship. That's a problem not only concering groups.

But I am not talking about killing people easily. Not at all! I'm talking about being able to play with friends. That means having a nice time winning AND losing, killing AND getting killed. Not dominating anyone. Just being normal, casual players enjoing the same ship type.

Du willst RUM beitreten?
      >>For the RUM!<<
    • Lumi wrote:

But all those examples you gave me are concerning T3 and higher
      Well, I can solo t1-t2 and get like 60-60-60% team performance.
      Imagine:
      1. me in group with another DD and support
      2. what's it like to play against me
      3. Or what's worse - 3 same ships (like 3 torpedo clippers shooting same target)
      Cloud Pirates dev' Lead.
      You can always PM me about bugs/problems, but be ready to wait for reply for a few days.
    • i havent played the game yet as i am waiting for the ratings system to fall into place whit the playerbase so that i can be placed in a league that reflects my skill level and give me players that matches me, but if all this is true then a big thanks to the devs.

some time a go when i was fresh in T2 i in my veteran, i teamed up whit a hurricane.
      there was no ship that we could not kill as a duo team, and it felt like we was realy op as we won all the games we played, and we was not even on voice comm.
      the one thing that got me realy worried about 3 man groups was 3 glints/rattle in 1 team capping like mad and there is nothing the other team can do about it, or 3 man bastion pain train.
      a frozen norwegian whit KB dysleksia
    • Omega wrote:

Lumi wrote:

But all those examples you gave me are concerning T3 and higher
      Well, I can solo t1-t2 and get like 60-60-60% team performance.Imagine:
      1. me in group with another DD and support
      2. what's it like to play against me
      3. Or what's worse - 3 same ships (like 3 torpedo clippers shooting same target)

Hm, then maybe don't allow 3 ships of the same type? Just a suggestion :)

To use your example:
      How does imagining you with 2 players flying 3 different ship types in a group make the situation better?

There are so many very strong combinations with ships of different types. 3 good players in one group will be strong no matter if they use the same ships or not, same goes for 2 players.
      Focusing works pretty fine in a solo match as well, by the way. Shooting targets together with allies makes sense after all.

Groups of 3 players are always difficult to balance. But right now, they are probably still too strong (no idea, never had problems with groups myself) but completely lack the fun - even if there are only 2 players in the group. (and I'm still not and never was talking about "how fun it is to rekt people", I'm talking about the fun to share a game with a friend)

Du willst RUM beitreten?
      >>For the RUM!<<
    • Omega wrote:

This limitation was added to block some abuses. Like, 3 QS/Flows jumping on the same target and inst-killing it.
      Bots have the same restrictions?
      Images
      • CloudPirates_170420_1930.jpg

161.61 kB, 1,600×900, viewed 30 times
      It's the players that are "unbalanced"!!!!! :P
    • @Omega

I want to talk & suggest you something, and that will slowly kill the game if not fixed.
      The 3 people limitation on party makes no sense since the teams got 7 people.

You said that is to limit abuse yes, but why not fix this with deleting the duplicates in everygame ?
      I mean, no doubles meteor etc...
      You presented a trailer with a pair of meteor (or something) playing together but is this enough to let people playing with only 3 of friend ? People should play with 7 stacks to construct and try real comps teams.
      I'm playing in a guild and every people need to split up in some channels and want hopefully to play together when tagging in the same time.

What about custom games ? We can't try our Fraternity War Comps anywhere ? What's the reason of that ? Is this in project
      for the future : Bigger parties and Customs games ? If not, what a waste.

Thanks for your consideration.
      Prem.
      I'm a real Blacksmith, yes, yes, those dinosaures still exist.
    • I can understand your desire to play with friends.
      On the other hands - its really hard for our matchmaking to find you a suitable opponent (~same ship setup, same level, ~same skill). Do you wish to spend 20-30min waiting in queue? I dont think so.
      And if we wont balance your party carefully, you'll just ruin the game for opponent's team by utterly destroying them.
      So right now there wont be any way to play normal games in a group of more than 3ppl

We might implement training matches with other groups, but it will take some time and will have some limitation ('cause creation of new map/match is server-taxing).
      Cloud Pirates dev' Lead.
    • I would not want a larger group size. For that, there are Brotherhood battles (which don't work right now, but will hopefully change soon...)

Something else, @Prem suggested, would be very nice, though: A Training ground for 7 Brotherhood members. Not necessarily against other people (maybe other people from the same Brotherhood), but rather bots. Because it's not about skill-training but teamplay training. And teamplay works against "easy" enemies just as well. Of course it's completely without gold/xp or any reward when finished. It's really just a Training area for your brotherhood team. Of course that can be server taxing. Well, it's something I would like to see, but for me there are more urgent things which should be taken care of, first :)

Du willst RUM beitreten?
      >>For the RUM!<<